Friday 13 April 2012

Mixtape Alpha

Courtesy of the team at Mixtape Alpha
I’ve just come across this excellent project from some guys at MIT, which combines a little 8bit synthesiser in a neat form factor. It looks like a mixtape fused with a stylophone plus some added effects, which can only be a good thing. Did I mention it was polyphonic as well?

I love the fact that this little project is so feature-full and simple and recycles old technology in form that we are so familiar with and does something new with it. The hackable nature of it gives that additional layer of cool as well.

I’ve added my name to the list to get some more when they come in stock and will cost roughly £21 ex shipping.

More details, shop, live video and more at

http://www.openmusiclabs.com/projects/mixtape_alpha/

No comments:

Post a Comment