Thursday 6 December 2012

TT 303 - A 303 clone with balls



It's funny that someone recently said that most bassline synthesisers either emulate the TB303 or the Moog Taurus. Well, now that I have the answer to the Taurus in the shape of the Minibrute, perhaps it's timely that the TT 303 has come to my attention.
As far as I can tell it is a TB 303 that has been upgraded with its own operating system for pattern generation and storage. So you can use it to get all those great old acid basslines as well as create new ones quickly by tweaking a randomly generated one - I can imagine that results my vary here but it might take some of the sweat out of programming a TB 303 if you are not used to step programming. Luckily a misspent youth playing with ReBirth put paid to that idea for me.

As far as I can tell they are all sold out, but there will be more coming according to the website - I have also seen a few paid adverts on the London Gumtree for new ones of these. Might be a nice Christmas present for yourself!

Full details at:

http://superiorsoundslondon.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

No comments:

Post a Comment