Sunday 17 June 2012

Figure - iOS

This weekend, I have finally gotten round to adding my new card details to iTunes so I can catch up on other bits and pieces that have come out that I can play with on my iPod Touch. Initially I had a couple of albums that I wanted to buy and then remembered that Propellerhead had released their Figure iOS program and I had been meaning to get hold of it - this had previously been announced during the NAMM 2012 show earlier in the year. 

Given the ridiculously cheap price tag, I thought it was worth having a look at and I was more than pleased after playing around with it. Although it's not a particularly extensive app, it's perfect for making catchy tracks quickly and really fun to make mini mixes.





Pros:
Intuitive interface
Straightforward and clean design
Easy to change key signature 
Excellent selection of drum kits and synthesisers
Cheap (69p on the iTunes store)

Cons:

Limited parameter adjustment
Limited genres to work with (anything Amen-base isn't so great)
No output / saving of your music
Only 1 eight bar pattern to play with

More from Propellerhead Software

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/figure/

No comments:

Post a Comment