Sunday 18 February 2018

2018 - Unsealing the door on the bunker

It has been quite a long time since I posted on this music blog, but quite a lot has happened in the year since I have and I deserve to provide an update,



While Superbooth17 and NAMM 2018 have been and gone, I was busy on an event of my own: finally ended up proposing to my girlfriend of over ten years and setting up the wedding. I can't really take any credit for the majority of the wedding though; this was very much all her doing from start to finish and I could not be more proud of her when we married at the end of January.

In less soppy yet more food related terms, I have decided that the Thoroughly Nice Burger blog is on permanent hiatus. Burgers as a fad around London have come and gone and after eating and reviewing over 70 of them I feel that the blog ran its natural course. I still make my own and eat them when I am out, as my Instagram can attest, but it is a much more enjoyable process when you aren't thinking about a review the day after.

Speaking of Instagram, I started a new channel to focus on music and synth pics, though with a side helping of burgers, baking and booze to spice things up and it seems like a lot more open and active than a blog. I get the feeling that older blogs are rather web 1.0, but I don't see the point in moving over to something more social just for the sake of more Internet points. Reddit’s r/synthesizers remains a decent hangout.

I also went through a period of buying and selling hardware, though I haven't really reduced the amount of equipment I own in a very meaningful way. The Rhythm Wolf and XioSynth went to some very weird characters via Gumtree but were replaced by a massive DW-8000 that I am still fixing up. I suspect that after the marriage and kids that I might decided to eventually downsize but until then, I hope that some of it appreciates a bit!

Otherwise I am gonna try to update a bit more often and hopefully put some longer-form ideas together. Roll on 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment